There is a self advocacy group in WALK. It is called WALK With Rights. This group requested a page be developed on the website for them so that they could keep others informed of the work they are doing.
Here is a short dvd that shows highlights of an advocacy day that was held in 1 Longmile Road in June 2010 as part of the "All We Want To Say" Project.
Here is a summary, provided by Margaret, on an 'anti-bullying' workshop she attended.
About the workshop I went to:
• We wrote down how we were feeling about the workshop and what we wanted to learn
• We talked about how other people who have been bullied felt
• We did a role play about how to stop bullying
• We looked at how you can stand up to bullies
What I’d like to do now:
• I want to set up a group in WALK to tell other people about bullying and to help them along the way
• I want to work with other service users to develop our own workshop and to learn about other peoples experiences
• I want us to share what we have learned with staff